Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 5 second film contest

  1. #1
    Inactive Member X o Zelig o X's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey guys, I just saw a comercial for a 5 second film contest by Cadillac, if you win you get a sweet caddilac [img]cool.gif[/img] This seems like a great challenge, just thought id tell you about it.

    Cadillac under 5

    Cya.

    :edit: Its only for people in the USA and who have thier drivers licence::

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 06, 2005 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Zelig ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Kev Owens's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    701
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is it really a film if it's less than 5 secs?

    Owning a Cadillac in the UK is not particularly desirable anyway, bankruptcy would loom at each petrol station.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member X o Zelig o X's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No, it really wouldnt be a film.. More of a short clip...? Yea, but having a caddy is just plain cool...especially since it goes zero to sixty in 4.6 seconds... and if you are afraid of the gas mileage, you could sell it for quite the attractive bit of cash.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Tasty Fish Lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2004
    Posts
    184
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I checked out the website. Interesting.

    They have some 5 second sample films you can watch. The one titled "Intern" made me laugh. There's very little time - deadline is February 17th.

    I have some 16mm and super 8mm footage that I've already shot from unfinished shorts that I can edit together that will produce a 5 second cohesive narrative. But not much time to transfer that stuff to video as they will only accept internet-ready video form. And I've never uploaded my stuff onto the internet.

    But I'm gonna see what I can do.

    I'd sell the car and put that money to use for a film. I'm not into sports cars - I have a simple pick up truck. Plus I'm moving back to NYC soon anyway. You know how much parking costs in the city?!?! Even a parking ticket is like $110 - I got a few when I lived there.

    Here's something interesting, Exposure is the administrator of this 5-second-film contest.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 06, 2005 10:36 PM: Message edited by: Tasty Fish Lips ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •